Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blackberries, the original kind

Pretty, but don’t touch, or the blackberry’s thorns will get you. But it’s not just the prickles that make the bramble bush hard to love. Many gardeners dislike them because blackberry plants try to take over the whole garden plus the entire neighbourhood.
On the other hand, berry lovers … well … LOVE them because the fruit is delicious. What’s more, health enthusiasts expound the berry’s virtues, chock full of antioxidants that fight cancer.

But who -- lovers or haters of the plant -- can deny the beauty of the blossoms?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My blackberries are coming on but not black yet.

I was here. I did look at your picture(s) and I did read what you wrote about them. I could say how great you are and how beautiful your work is but alas I would soon run out of things to say on the next blog I visited, so I just left this to prove I stopped and said a few words; and I am not a lurker or a visitor, but I am a commentator.

Rose said...

I would rather pick blackberries as about anything on earth--and I don't care if they are the wild kind. I don't like to eat them in fresh picked berry form, but love jelly and pies.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Beautiful blossoms and oh how yummy

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.