Wednesday, November 30, 2011

E/ Alphabe-Thursday

 ELEPHANT - part of a bracelet

Not all elephants live in Africa or India. As you can see, at least  three live on my blog.

And speaking of elephants,  three aging ones - Toka, Thika and Iringa -  live at the Toronto Zoo. (Sorry, I have no photos of them.) They have been in the local news lately because this spring they are moving to a sanctuary in San Andreas, California.

 ELEPHANT - pieces of a puzzle

The Toronto Zoo has determinined that it can no longer afford to properly take care of them so the elephants are moving to an 80-acre facility where they will be free to roam.

ELEPHANT carved on a shell

I am linking to Jenny Matlock at Alphabe-Thursday HERE

12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

beautiful, all three of yours ellies are beautiful. so happy for the real ones that they will get to roam

Jill said...

Each of your elephants are beautiful! I'd have to say I am partial to the one in the bracelet but they are stunning.

LindyLouMac said...

The first elephant is my favourite one.

Francisca said...

I like elephants as icons on "stuff" a lot too. Glad the real ones are being moved if the TO Zoo can't take care of them. [But isn't it the letter D at Jenny's this week? ;-)]

Gillian Olson said...

Three lovely elephants and an interesting story about the three in the zoo, sounds like they are going to elephant heaven.

Buttons Thoughts said...

I heard that story Yeah for the elephants. I love Elephants. B

Susan said...

I love the pictures. I have an awesome bracelet with elephants on it. I'll have to take a picture of it someday. So cool!

George said...

I like your elephants -- very clever. I'm sorry to hear that the Toronto Zoo can no longer care for those three elephants, but I am glad there is a place where they can live out their days with some degree of freedom.

Joyful said...

Such a cool post. I like all your photos. Sorry too about the Toronto Zoo not being able to care for the elderly elephants but I'm sure after they get over the shock of the move they will enjoy their space.

colleen said...

I love that bracelet best!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

San Andreas is close to us. I had not idea there was a sanctuary there. I may have to go on an elephant safari soon.

Anonymous said...

What cool elephants you have there! I especially like the elephant bracelet. And I am glad that hear that the elephants will have a new home where they can roam!

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.